Friday, May 26, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 052 - One String Pulley

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

052. One String Pulley

For this building set, the mechanical toys look the most convincing to me. The construction of this one string pulley was simple -- once I got started. 

The illustration shows two grooved discs for the drive belt. But the set includes no such pieces. So I built up the represented piece using a fiberboard collar sandwiched between two wooden discs. 

As a static display, it was satisfactory. Had I wanted to have something that actually turned the second axle, I probably would have used a rubber band for the belt, and a single wooden collar on each dowel to prevent it from slipping off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment