Friday, February 24, 2017

Line Mar Match Box Construction 041 Flag Pole

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

041. Flag Pole

In the instruction sheet, this was mislabeled a "Fag Pole," but we'll stick with the correct version here. This was not a difficult build, although  the wooden collar holding the two dowels together isn't all that strong.

Even if you could, raising and lowering the flag would be too much for that single connector. The illustration isn't very clear. I wasn't sure if I was to use the fiberboard collars or the wooden discs at the top of the pole. I opted for the discs as it helped make a more secure connection for the rope (in this case, florist's wire). 


No comments:

Post a Comment