Friday, October 14, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 023 Fork

The fork is at the far right.
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

023 Fork

I'm guessing this is more of a pitchfork. I don't think it makes a very convincing eating utensil.

The construction as similar to that of the 022 Wind Wheel and 021 Stamper. This time, the two dowels joined by the wooden collar also held the steel crosspiece.

The outer tines are secured with collars underneath the crosspiece, as is the center tine. It allowed me to take the picture. However, if you tried to play with this fork, it would quickly fall apart. I speak from experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment