Monday, July 25, 2016

Diabelli Project 119 - Wind Trio

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's flash composition is another wind trio sketch. This is the fifth Diabelli wind trio I've done. And all of them are for the same instrumentation. Which suggests to me that they all might be interrelated somehow.  In this one, the initial idea kicks off a phrase that expands slightly every time it's brought back.

I remember as I was writing this that, had I time to continue, the phrase would encompass nine or more measures, at which point there'd be a cadence to end the section. I may still do something like that.





As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment