Friday, June 10, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 008 - Cross Bench

008. Cross Bench
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

008. Cross Bench

I didn't know "cross benches" were a thing. In a way, this toy is sort of cross between two previous ones; No. 005, the Bench with Arm Rests, and No. 006, the Field Cross. As with No. 006, I used a dowel rod to stabilize the arm of the cross. And as before, balancing those very thin and light metal pieces on their narrow sides was something of a challenge.

But in the end, I was able to successfully build this toy. I did, however, have to be very careful not to accidentally hit the table as I set up the camera to take the shot. If you look carefully, you can see that the closet armrest looks like it could topple at a moment's notice.


No comments:

Post a Comment