Monday, December 01, 2014

Diabelli Project 068 - Piece for solo B-flat trumpet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

I move on to the brass section for this week's flash composition. It's easy to write cliches for the trumpet -- just go up and down a chord and you have an instant fanfare. But I wanted to do a little more. If I were to continue this sketch, I'd build in some long rests. All of those multiple-tongued passages can be tiring! (click to enlarge)



What happens next? That's up to you. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, I offer this freely to anyone who would like to use all or part of it. Just let me know the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment