Monday, August 04, 2014

Diabelli Project 051 - Piano Piece in F

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Last week I posted a piano piece in F, and I'm doing so again this week. Perhaps they're part of the same larger work? Hard to say. When I sit down to do this weekly flash composition I don't look at any previous sketches, I just start fresh with a blank stave in front of me. This could be part of last week's entry, or not. (click on image to enlarge)



What happens next is totally up to you. If you feel inspired, you're welcome to use this sketch (or indeed, any or all in the series) as the basis for your own composition. It's all free of charge and legal tangles -- just let me know how the piece turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment