Monday, April 07, 2014

Diabelli Project 035 - Invention in A minor

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's entry is just a little invention in A minor. Of course, it's a little unusual -- it's in 5/8 time, consistently broken down into a group of 3 followed by a group of 2. (click on image to enlarge)



 If I were to continue with this, I would probably break the motif apart, playing with groups of 2 over groups of 3. But that's just me. What would you do? As always, the invitation is open. Feel free to use this as you will -- just let me know the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment