Monday, July 08, 2013

Diabelli Project 003 - 2-Part Invention

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Since I had started dashing off these little flash-composition sketches over two years ago, I'd mostly forgotten what I had actually written down It's heartening to see that I didn't stick with just canons at the octave (although there are more to come in this serious).


I think now I could probably do something much more interesting with that opening three-note motif. And I bet you can, too.



If there's anything of interest here you'd care to use, please help yourself! (Actually, I think I might return to this at some point myself. I like the first two measures)

No comments:

Post a Comment