Monday, February 20, 2012

A Night in the O-Gauge Zen Garden

Things have been pretty rough this past week. A family member's in the hospital (recovering at this point), there's a storm brewing at church (see yesterday's entry), crushing deadlines at work, a disagreement with our neighbor (not uncommon, he can be pretty disagreeable), all coming together to make a perfect storm of emotional turmoil.

Fortunately, I have a solution that works for me. The other night I spent about twenty minutes operating my O-gauge Zen garden (or layout, if you will). It had absolutely nothing to do with anything else that was going on in my life. For a little while, I was content just to let my imagination run free as these sturdy trains went grinding around the track.

And, for fun, I also shot some video. This week's started out a little less stressful, thanks in part to my ability to take some mental time out. Hope you enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed making it! (And I'm not kidding about "grinding." Just listen to the racket these things raise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment