Monday, March 17, 2008

The Soul Masters and WVTF

Connie Stevens continues her series spotlighting forgotten Virginia bands in her "Captive Audio" segment on public radio station WVTF. This morning she profiled the Soul Masters, a 1960's racially mixed band from Danville Virginia.

Of course I like the series for professional reasons -- we carry Arcania International's reissue CDs which provided the framework for the stories on our DCD Records website. But I'm also excited personally. I've discovered some great tracks on Arcania International's releases that I would have never have found otherwise. And the "Captive Audio" reports are helping a wider audience discover them as well.

The segment this morning was particularly well done. Stevens not only had interviews from the band members, but also supporting commentary by a member of Gene and Teen/Team Beats (who were featured the previous week) and the head and chief bottle-washer of Arcania International, Brent Hosier.

I don't know how long the series is going to run, but I'm very much looking forward to the next installment -- for all the right reasons.

- Ralph

No comments:

Post a Comment